Senior Design Engineer
What's the role?
You will work within the Northern European Design Office carrying out value engineered design on some of the largest design projects across the region.
Who is Hilti?
Unless you work in construction, you probably haven't heard of us. We're a hidden gem.
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the professional construction sector. Our customers are loyal and enthusiastic about us. So are our people.
We regularly win Great Place to Work awards globally and have been on the Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list in the UK for the past 13 years – we are proud to have been voted #35 in 2019.
Hilti offers the best of both worlds – friendly teams locally and roles across the UK combined with the opportunities only a company of 30,000 people spread across 120 countries can bring.
What does the role involve?
As appropriate, work with the local/Northern Europe Engineering Services Manager to develop and implement in the following areas, Hilti installation system design delivery, value engineering design, competency and working towards continous improvements.
The role's purpose is to:
• Deliver charged engineering on diverse projects
• Lead the cost-cost effectiveness, ontime delivery of the technical aspect of the MEP design on the Hilti modular support system
• Understand the customers‘ needs and translate this into the most optimised and cost effective solution for them
• To support the professional delivery of these Services, the role must show compliance with and where possible, improvement in the associated internal processes
• Assist Northern Europe in order to develop/ improve the competency of our engineers in the delivery of design and BIM services to our customers
• Key driver to the growth of the Installation product sales through effective execusion of the relevant engineering design services
What do we offer?
We really value our people and we've worked hard to develop a competitive reward package that reflects this. Some of the benefits we offer include:
*Genuine career advancement (more than 80% of all leadership roles are filled internally)
*Competitive salary and above-average performance bonus
*6% employer pension contributions
*Private Health Insurance and Employee Assistance Programme
*33 days' holiday (inc. Bank Holidays) plus the ability to purchase 5 days more annually
*Paid leave to work on charitable projects
*Hilti Benefits Box, a reward platform offering a cycle to work scheme and shopping and lifestyle discounts/cashback
*Hilti branded van with fuel card
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with no experience. So, if you’ve never worked in sales or construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- MSc (or equivalent) in Structural / Mechanical Engineering
- Project experience working with Engineering Consultancy / Contractor in relevant industry sector
- Good working knowledge of AutoDesk suite of software (Revit, Navisworks & CAD 2D/3D)
- Willingness to both take self-responsibility and work well in a team
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to travel when required
“I love the fact that my job isn’t just technical. It involves planning and dealing with people too. The culture is brilliant. It’s challenging, yes, but it’s friendly and welcoming too. It’s all about teamwork, and your ideas are really taken on board.”