Sales Specialist - London /South East
What's the role?
We’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running in a fast-paced, high-performing, international working culture. This role is an opportunity to develop your career at Hilti by learning the business in a field-based Sales Specialist role.
Who are Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 24,000 people in more than 120 countries, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth as you learn, grow and carve-out your career.
What does the role involve?
As a sales specialist, you’ll be out and about visiting our customers, wherever they’re busy working, to find out how we can help them. You could find yourself on construction sites and nuclear plants or in offices and warehouses.
Ours is a model of professional consultative selling, and it’s a really hands-on job. It means rolling up your sleeves to demonstrate some of the most pioneering products in the industry, while selling our state-of-the-art software along with all the services and after-care that come with the Hilti name.
Far from traditional cold calling, it’s about nurturing relationships with warm and responsive customers, and helping them find the most innovative and cost-efficient solutions for their needs.
- Professional field sales and high level customer consultation in territories nationwide (Ideally you will have experience within the Construction industry – but not essential!)
- Developing existing as well as establishing new customer relationships
- Providing efficient solutions and technical support to offices and building sites backed by our innovative range of products and services
- Introduction of new products and representation of the Hilti brand in the market place
- Promotion and demonstration of Hilti products and solutions using a fully equipped, branded vehicle
What do we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work for a renowned industry leader and will give you exposure to high profile projects around the UK!
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including your own van full of tools and one-to-one coaching. You’ll enjoy a rare combination of autonomy and camaraderie, as you’ll manage your own diary while being part of a friendly team.
We’ll give you lots of responsibility, including your own portfolio of customers, and these might be trades experts, project managers or company leaders. From there, we’ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with unrivalled training, development and career opportunities as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
Day to day, you’ll report to your regional head of sales, who will also be there to help manage your career.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with no experience. So, if you’ve never worked in sales or construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background. We offer competitive salaries and high earning potential (OTE) whilst also offering:
- A purpose built company vehicle, laptop and mobile phone
- Award winning training
- Industry leading products
- Exceptional benefits (Private Healthcare, Pension, Life Assurance, Childcare vouchers, Hilti reward scheme etc)
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required with Master’s degree highly desirable
- Commercial mindset with strong customer service approach
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English, with fluency in another language a plus
- Energy, courage, commitment and high learning agility
- Ability to relocate within the UK for future career progression
For more information please visit careers.hilti.co.uk