What's the role?
Due to expansion, we’re looking for Regional Managers in London and Manchester who can hit the ground running in a fast-paced, high-performing, international working culture.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 28,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Following substantial growth and investment in the past years, Hilti (Great Britain) Ltd. currently employs circa 1,000 employees, of which approximately 50% are in sales related positions. This role is a commercial leadership position with focus on operational and strategic business in the region,combined with people management. As a Regional Manager you are a key player in the local sales organisation, reporting directly to the Sales Director.
As a Regional Manager, you’ll be expected to meet and exceed business targets, plus maximise profitable growth in your region. This means partnering with our customers to understand their businesses, while developing loyal, win-win relationships. It also involves working with other management teams to capitalize on business potential across territories, and taking an active role in handling key accounts.
You’ll lead a team of 7-10 Account Managers, which calls for training, developing and motivating them, both individually and as a unit. In fact, we’ll measure you as much on developing your team as on achieving your targets.
What do we offer?
Your responsibilities will be great and, with them, we’ll give you the freedom and autonomy to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go beyond our expectations and we’ll reward you with unrivalled opportunities for personal development and career progression as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork, ability and competitive drive, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Track record of successfully leading sales teams in a direct sales environment, with the ability to inspire others and achieve results
- Experience within a relevant industry such as construction, automotive, energy, rail, manufacturing etc.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills with a strategic mind-set
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Mobility: for future career progression you should be open to relocation in the UK or internationally
- You are attracted to the Hilti culture, which is very down-to-earth with a strong balance between performance drive and people orientation
- As part of your interview process, we’ll take you on a day-in-the-life ‘field ride’ to give you a feel for our business and the calibre of our people.
“How am I going to sell power tools? I’ve never drilled a hole in my life! That’s what I thought when I first joined Hilti, but it’s really not like that. It’s about nurturing your strengths and being rewarded for hard work.”