Project Specialist - Hinkley Point C
What's the role?
This role is based at one of the biggest construction projects in Europe, Hinkley Point C. As a Project Specialist, you will be based on site at Hinkley Point C, and be the dedicated point of contact for all things Hilti. Your role, is to partner with key contacts at the site, to build relationships and deliver sales.
Who is Hilti?
Unless you work in construction, you probably haven't heard of us. We're a hidden gem.
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the professional construction sector. Our customers are loyal and enthusiastic about us. So are our people.
We regularly win Great Place to Work awards globally and are very proud to have been placed on the Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list in the UK by our employees for the past 10 years.
Hilti offers the best of both worlds – friendly teams locally and roles across the UK combined with the opportunities only a company of 30,000 people spread across 120 countries can bring.
What does the role involve?
Develop and maintain relationships with main stakeholders (including architects, engineers, clients, as well as all contractors) and negotiate contracts and terms of business.
Develop opportunities by providing efficient solutions and technical support on building sites backed by our innovative range of products and services.
Work pro-actively with key decision makers, to secure specifications, technical approvals and recommendations for Hilti products
What do we offer?
We really value our people and we've worked hard to develop a competitive reward package that reflects this. Some of the benefits we offer include:
*Genuine career advancement (more than 80% of all leadership roles are filled internally)
*Competitive salary and above-average performance bonus
*6% employer pension contributions
*Private Health Insurance and Employee Assistance Programme
*33 days' holiday (inc. Bank Holidays) plus the ability to purchase 5 days more annually
*Paid leave to work on charitable projects
*Hilti Benefits Box, a reward platform offering a cycle to work scheme and shopping and lifestyle discounts/cashback
*Hilti branded van with fuel card
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with no experience. So, if you’ve never worked in sales or construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Excellent technical sales skills and capability to communicate at all levels within organisations such as Procurement, Engineering, Supply Chain & Contracts, up to and including Director level
- Proven business development experience ideally working with technical products
- Experience in or knowledge of either construction, nuclear or engineering industry, preferably with tools and services is preferred, but not essential
- Strong communication, negotiation and relationship building skills across all levels and functions both internally and externally
- Ability to understand current work methods or practices and successfully propose value based alternative solutions
- Agility to learn new ideas/products and implement quickly
- Presentation skills, ideally ability to read & interpret Technical Drawings
“How am I going to sell power tools? I’ve never drilled a hole in my life! That’s what I thought when I first joined Hilti, but it’s really not like that. It’s about nurturing your strengths and being rewarded for hard work.”