What's the role?
As a Pricing Analyst within the Northern European Strategic Marketing Team, you will contribute in driving key pricing analytics initiatives to create sustainable value for the organisation.
To accomplish this, you will interact with the wider pricing team, sales and product managers to support in delivering the pricing analytics roadmap of the North Europe Pricing Team.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Reporting to the Head of Pricing Analytics, the successful candidate will work within a team of eight colleagues based in Manchester to centralise pricing activities and drive best pricing practices across the region.
Within the role there is additional focus on delivering sustainable price increases on at least an annual basis, working closely with the product managers to set prices in the right way at the launch of new products, undertaking pricing optimisations and supporting with fleet and service pricing across the region.
Whilst not the primary focus, you will also support in rolling out commercial excellence topics, such as agreement and overwrite management, business reviews and training of sales.
You will work very closely with key stakeholders, especially in Sweden (local leadership team and product managers) to support local pricing decisions with a clear focus on driving sustainable top-line growth through daily operations.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with no experience. So, if you’ve never worked in sales or construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- University degree in business/information systems or similar analytical work experience
- Experience in creating, developing and maintaining analyses, databases, tools and reports
- Solid understanding of pricing processes (service and fleet pricing knowledge considered a strong plus), though a strong background in similar analytical roles will also be considered.
- Prepared to travel nationally and internationally
- Numerate and analytical - excellent analytics and very comfortable working with large data sets in Excel - knowledge of SQL, Access and other more complex data analytics also considered a bonus
- Proficient in MS Office skills (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- ‘Can do’ attitude with strong team work ethic
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders on various levels
- Confident in presenting complex data/results in simple, easy to understand manner
- Interest in the construction industry
Flexible working is one of many ways that Hilti seeks to ensure that it offers a work-life balance that works for employees and works for the business. We offer flexible working options to suit different stages in your life and aim to support you to find the right balance between work and home life.
Flexible working can take many forms, including but not limited to: job sharing, part-time working, annualised hours, compressed hours, flexi-time, term-time working, working from home, staggered hours, career breaks, time off in lieu, and flexible shift-working*. We also offer employees the option to buy up to five extra days' annual leave each year.
*Please note that not all options are available for every role and you must complete six months' service before you are eligible for any change in your working pattern.
“How am I going to sell power tools? I’ve never drilled a hole in my life! That’s what I thought when I first joined Hilti, but it’s really not like that. It’s about nurturing your strengths and being rewarded for hard work.”