Global Forecasting Expert
What's the role?
The Global Forecasting Expert is responsible for the development of a robust, un-biased and comprehensive Statistical Sales Forecast across Business Units and Regions. The statistical forecast is based on sales history and is the baseline for Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) discussions.
This role requires a global player who will collaborate with key partners across the business to understand their problems and processes, identify potential solutions and define business requirements to improve the forecasting process.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
As the Global Forecasting Expert you will work with a team to provide the monthly statistical forecast, actively identifying the root cause of forecast errors and finding solutions to tackle them. You will measure and monitor statistical forecast quality, whilst collaborating with Hilti Supply Chain Organisation, Market Organisation, Global Process Manager and Global IT.
Executing continuous improvement in statistical forecast processes, you will improve operational efficiency and effectiveness and evaluate alternative Statistical Forecast methods. You will build knowledge across the Planning / Materials Management community of the Statistical Forecasting models used and forecast cycles results.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with no experience. So, if you’ve never worked in sales or construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Proven operational experience in Demand Planning and Forecasting, Logistics, Supply Planning in a corporate environment
- Operational experience and a good knowledge of supply chain forecasting software systems and processes
- Strong networking, planning and organizational skills with a proven capability to lead complex projects with short timelines
- SAP and APO experience
- Experience in statistical forecasting or related analytics
- Excellent knowledge in data analysis and reporting
- Experience with change management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts and problems in simple terms
- Fluent English (oral and written), additional languages are a plus
- University Degree, Master’s Degree is advantageous
“You get a unique opportunity to experience all different functions of the supply chain – and, for many people, to do it overseas. We really encourage our teams to challenge the way things are done. If you can make a process simpler, do it, show us.”