Global Finance Graduate Programme - post-MSc/PhD
What's the role?
We’re looking for the next generation of high-performing, multi-lingual, post-graduate talents to take our company forward. Hilti Outperformer is a global management development program like no other, with real responsibility from day one.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 28,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Hilti Outperformer is a two-year program, where you’ll quickly be involved in a range of international projects, with lots of exposure to senior management. It’s fast paced and challenging, but we’ll closely coach and mentor you. The program is split into four main stages of work:
12 months as an Account Manager in Great Britain.
3 months on an Operational Project at the national headquarters in Manchester.
6 months on a strategic project at regional headquarters in Manchester, GB.
3 months on an international project outside the region. If you’ve come from a mature market, you’ll work in an emerging market, and vice versa.
We want your thirst to learn, courage to challenge and desire to improve things, including yourself.
What do we offer?
Show us what you can do and, in return, we promise you the experience of a lifetime, the opportunity to work internationally, and a fast-track career in global senior management with an unlimited contract. You’ll also take part in some fascinating courses and events:
Leadership development program – a comprehensive learning journey with IMD business school in Lausanne, Switzerland, with a qualification from IMD.
Business management training – individual training at Hilti. A focus on behavioral profiles, personal strengths, leadership styles and communication skills.
Global summit – 4-5 days at our global headquarters in Liechtenstein. A look at the way global business units function, plus soft skills like situational leadership and international teamwork.
Social project – 7-8 days ‘building a better future’. A hands-on and hugely impactful community project, like our recent house building for displaced refugees in Bosnia.
Why should you apply?
With the Hilti Outpeformer Finance program, you will have an accelerated career towards a Finance related leadership role. We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with no experience. So, if you’ve never worked in sales or construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- We are looking for candidates with the following: International Business, Economics or Finance related degree Outperformer-Finance Program.
- You’ve recently graduated, or you’re preparing to graduate in 2018, with a Master’s degree or PhD. Your degree is likely to be in International Business, Economics or Finance.
- You’ve spent at least three months, in a professional environment, like an internship, apprenticeship or work experience, or have just started your career and want an opportunity where you can perform well and progress.
- You’re multilingual – at least fluent in English and at least one other language – and you’ve gained international experience during your work or studies abroad.
- You’re mature and assertive, curious and committed. You’re a flexible team player with good communication and social skills. You’re a global thinker, interested in general management topics, keen for intercultural experiences and opportunities working abroad.
- As part of your interview process, we’ll take you on a ‘field ride’ to give you a feel for our business and the caliber of our people.
- Application deadline: We will continuously review incoming applications.
Flexible working is one of many ways that Hilti seeks to ensure that it offers a work-life balance that works for employees and works for the business. We offer flexible working options to suit different stages in your life and aim to support you to find the right balance between work and home life.
Flexible working can take many forms, including but not limited to: job sharing, part-time working, annualised hours, compressed hours, flexi-time, term-time working, working from home, staggered hours, career breaks, time off in lieu, and flexible shift-working*. We also offer employees the option to buy up to five extra days' annual leave each year.
*Please note that not all options are available for every role and you must complete six months' service before you are eligible for any change in your working pattern.
“You have access to Hilti’s most senior leaders - to the executive board and to the top local leaders too. It really helps with developing your own career, as you can find out about all the different roles and paths they’ve taken.”